Dyslexia for Teachers: Understanding and Recognizing Dyslexia
Time & Location
About the Event
This professional development training examines the science behind dyslexia, how we know what we know about dyslexia, how to identify a student with dyslexia, a dyslexia simulation, an overview of recommended intervention and instructional methodologies, common classroom accommodations, teaching techniques, and a question and answer session.
What is dyslexia?
1. Examine the science behind dyslexia
2. Discuss how we know what we know about dyslexia
3. Learn how to spot a student with dyslexia
4. Go through a dyslexia simulation
5. Learn about recommended methodologies for instruction
6. Discuss common classroom accommodations and teaching techniques
7. Question and answer session
Cost: $75 per participant
Certificate of completion/ CEU available (participation and passing quiz score is required for completion)
This course is approved by the Arizona Department of Education for "Understanding and Recognizing Dyslexia" according to ARS 15-211 and updates due to recently passed dyslexia legislation.
- Dyslexia Basics for Teachers$75$750$0