Wed, Apr 13|
Heritage Elementary/ Glendale
Dyslexia for Teachers: Understanding and Recognizing Dyslexia for Heritage Elementary
This Arizona Department of Education-approved training for Understanding and Identifying Dyslexia (URD) will teach you about dyslexia, the warning signs, the importance of methodology, and how you can help in your classroom.
Time & Location
Apr 13, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Heritage Elementary/ Glendale, 6805 N 125th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85307, USA
About the Event
This professional development training examines the science behind dyslexia, how we know what we know about dyslexia, how to identify a student with dyslexia, a dyslexia simulation, an overview of recommended intervention and instructional methodologies, common classroom accommodations, teaching techniques, and a question and answer session.
What is dyslexia?
1. Examine the science behind dyslexia
2. Discuss how we know what we know about dyslexia
3. Learn how to spot a student with dyslexia
4. Go through a dyslexia simulation
5. Learn about recommended methodologies for instruction
6. Discuss common classroom accommodations and teaching techniques
7. Question and answer session
Certificate of completion/ CEU available (participation and passing quiz score is required for completion)
This course is approved by the Arizona Department of Education for "Understanding and Recognizing Dyslexia" according to ARS 15-211 and updates due to recently passed dyslexia legislation.
URD for Heritage Elementary